Windows Applications, a random collection #40


 

 

 This is a note about a random collection of M$ Windows applications, no specific order, if I see that I use an application and I keep it around then I add it here, its also a work in progress (last update : May 2021) .
 

For each application there's a location, this is the usual location in my machine:
 -  \_WIN.APPS - is a folder that is carried from windows install to windows install, starts with an underscore so that it is the first folder visible in the \(username)\Downloads folder. All application inside this folder don't require any installation, and if they require software like Visual C++ redist it is included in the folder.



MiniTool Portable Partition Wizzard (Magic) from link  - (version 12.3 ; downloaded May 2021 ;location \_WIN.APPS )
 FREE, and my favorite partitioning tool, so far I never had to use another one, the link above is for the portable edition, the standard install edition also install an updater and adds it to the Windows start for no reason.

I looks very very pretty to me:

as an extra, the free version comes with space analyser tool, also very nice, I do use TreeSize more often.

Google Chrome portable x64 from link - ( version GoogleChromePortable64_91.0.4472.77_online.paf.exe ; downloaded May 2021 ; location \Win10_2021.installers )
 The portable version doesn't install multiple google services.
 Chrome portable uses Background Intelligent Transfer Service to attempt to update, every 2 minutes.








 

Comments