KDE Neon #020

KDE is my favorite desktop environment and I had to try their own release, its ubunto based with KDE on top, there are several advantages of KDE Neon vs Manjaro:

 - stable base means less bugs, in 2 months using Manjaro you get used to bugs, a lot, too much actually
 - ubunto base means lots of knowledge articles to search/read when you have an issue
 - ubunto base means easy to install software with a click or two
 - ubunto base means lots and lots of applications

 However, despite the desktop environment feels absolutely amazing and I even say more responsive then Manjaro + KDE, using less resources also(the KDE part, not overall) there is that ubunto lag in everything else, either you launch an application or you do a system related task, you notice it, its there, even on the low power slim down ubunto systems, they feel lazy and arch base Manjaro does not, its blazing fast. Time for KDE Neon to move to arch I guess, for me its back to Manjaro + KDE.

While using KDE Neon I notice the amazing Discover, its the application manager and it integrates flatpak and snap applications, the good news its also available for Manjaro + KDE.

I found every single application for KDE Neon that I wanted, mostly because of the ubunto base, almost all of them required two click to install and run perfectly, it is a great OS combination

Comments